What to do before Pro-Tech Restoration arrives:
After Flooding and Water Damage:
- Remove water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
- Keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
After Smoke and Fire Damage:
- Limit movement to prevent soot from being embedded into carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner.